The innovative Mobile Restraint Unit embodies the most efficient incorporation of all the necessary features. Combined with quality materials and Lomir's attention to detail and workmanship, this device is unique in providing humane immobilization for the animal and efficient, safe, working platforms for the handler.
1. Deep ""V"" opening in frame for unimpeded access to the head of the animal.
2. Low cross members and deep opening for minimum lifting height and easier positioning of animal.
3. Sling Support bar extenders for lifting. Removable to facilitate access to the animal during procedure and prevent snagging during movement.
4. Available in a range of sizes. Constructed from precision welded 1"""" square tube stainless steel stock for lightness and strength.
Other features include: Self-locking, quick release cleats for limb ropes at each corner, Lower sling support bar brackets for easier access, Locator pins on all corners to adjust sling support bars, Corner posts on heavy duty castors with ball-bearing pivots, two with foot activated brakes.
Standard covers are made from a robust, washable canvas-type material. All leg and waste apertures are edged in cotton jersey for additional comfort.
Mobile restraint frames are available in two standard lengths: 3-foot and 4-foot length. With the purchase of one frame, you receive a sling cover/hammock in the size of your choice, available in different sizes, based on your species and weight ranges. Further customizations can be made to accommodate specific procedures and access points on the subject.
• 3-foot sling-frame: suitable for Beagle dogs, miniature swine and some hound or mongrel dogs.
• 4-foot sling-frame: animals weighing in the 50 kg+ range are generally physically longer than 3 feet and require a 4-foot length.
Sling selection is based on the species and weight ranges. It is worth noting that the longer length frame can also be used to accommodate additional species such as goats, sheep and calves.
As with any equipment in a research setting the design must ensure comfortable positioning or restraint, with slings that allow for quick and secure manipulation, while protecting staff from potential injury. All animals need to be acclimated to the sling system, so they can remain calm and stress-free throughout the procedures.
Special Requirements? While our inventory of frames and slings will answer the needs of most customers, Lomir is fully equipped to fulfill orders requiring the fabrication of custom-made units for special situations or tasks.
We have been making slings and jackets since 1989 and, as a result, have built up an extensive database of measurements and patterns for the majority of animals that may be used in a laboratory environment.
If you have a frame that is not sold by Lomir, we can also manufacture a custom cover to match your existing unit.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Your quote is currently empty